Sunday, April 02, 2006

What A Changed World

Thirty years ago, as a teen living in the country in Minnesota, we had no TV after about 12:30 AM, even on Saturdays. A new show called "Saturday Night Live" would end, followed on NBC by a news show with Lloyd Dobyns and Linda Ellerbe, and that was it. No VCR's, no DVD's, nothing. The night ended with the National Anthem and then fuzz and white noise. So on the nights you had to change the clocks, you'd all do it before you went to bed.

Not so much anymore. I was on the computer, being a night owl, watching a movie on Encore, and watched as both my computer and digital cable box automatically went from "1:59" to "3:00". Same thing with the cell phone and even the DVD player.

Cool. I had to change three clocks today...the alarm clock on the headboard, the watch, and the car. Okay, two. I purposely left my car one hour ahead for the last six months just to see if I could do it. Viola! Today, the car arose with the right time on it!

I'm weird.

No comments: