Sunday, April 02, 2006

Darn Dog

Our mostly wonderful, sometimes wandering dog got out earlier today. We got a call. "We got your dog."

I found out where, said I'd be right there. When I got there, I was told, "he bit my little sister", I said, "show me where". I know my dog. He doesn't bite. Needless to say, they couldn't show me any proof. Which is just what I thought. Keep in mind when I got there he was on a leash...THEIR leash...and was sitting down with two boys sitting next to him petting him. Wow, what a mean beast.

So I load him up, thank them for calling (our number is on his tag), and head home. As I'm pulling in the driveway, I get another call, same folks: "I think you owe us some money for watching him, don't you?" I laughed. I said, "no, sorry, I thanked you for doing it, and I'd do the same for you without asking for any money."

The voice said, "what about the bite?"

Amazing. Amazing what people will try to pull for some money. By the way, the dog left the house clean as a whistle, was gone for less than an hour, and came back so filthy it looks like he has been on the road for a month. He has something resembling...but not smelling like...mud on his neck and shoulders, but his head is completely clean. Makes me wonder what other games they might have been trying to play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One morning, as I was getting ready for work, I heard our dogs barking like crazy. I looked out and saw a dog wandering around our yard. I gave him a treat and called the owner who was a jack. If one of mine were found I'd be happy as a lark. He just said, "Oh." I tried to give him directions to our house and he interrupted me with, "Can't you just bring him over?" The guy lived on the other side of McClure in a neighborhood I had never been too. I showed up and the guy was in a towl-just getting out of the shower. He wouldn't even come to the car. I barely got a thank you. Some people are UNBELIEVABLE!!