Monday, October 03, 2005

Busy Week

My schedule is screwed up. I had to work mornings (up at 3:30 instead of 8) for three days last week, and I have to do it again tomorrow. So my body clock is running backwards.

To catch up:

Good:

DeLay - The Hammer is gettin' Nailed. Good.
Gretchen Wilson's new CD came out last week. It's awesome. And it's Country with a capital "C". Good.
Had a great day Sunday at Tailwaggers, put on by TAPS in Pekin. Hopefully a bunch of good doggies found new homes. They raised a LOT more money than they did last year, and they're quite happy about it. Good.
Hockey is back. Looking forward to the return of the NHL, and to the upgrade in talent for the once-again AAA Rivermen franchise. Should be a blast!

Bad:

The Gophers ran into a buzz saw in Happy Valley. The Gophers came out flat, the Nittany Lions are...dare I say...almost back. Big 10 is going to be too nerve wracking all year. Are there any teams capable of rolling through the conference unbeaten? I don't think even OSU is. Gophers = bad.

The Vikings. Holy hell. I knew the offense was going to suffer without Moss, the greatest wideout in the game BY FAR, but I didn't expect Culpepper to turn into a 98-pound sissy in the pocket. Yuck. Mike Tice, can you please just resign? Vikings = terrible...and they'll STILL win the NFC North.

I wasted 30 minutes of my life tonight checking out Michael Savage on Markley's station. This guy is absolutely nuts. A lunatic. Thinks the Bush Administration isn't far enough to the right socially. Oh...My...god. Savage = Dispicable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted! I feel your pain, I had a job that I had to get up at 3:20. Boy did that suck.

The NFL North is like MLB NL West. A barely 500 time wins the division. That's pitiful.

Anonymous said...

The Bears are in first place which goes to show how strong the division is (NOT). As long at those damn Packers are 0-4 I'm happy tho.

And WXCL should hold an on-air telethon for The Pundit, who's fallen on hard times.

BJ Stone said...

Yeah, we've got to do something to help The Pundit. I'm doing what I can on my end.