Saturday, February 11, 2006

Great playlist!

I finally found a "station" I could listen to non-stop for over an hour...the looped music at Lonestar Steakhouse this afternoon.

In an hour, I heard (and pretty much in this order, I didn't write it down, but I have a tremendous memory when it comes to this kind of music):

Brooks & Dunn "Rock My World..."
Fleetwood Mac "Say You Love Me"
George Strait's obscure single "Don't Make Me Come Over There And Love You"
Tom Petty "American Girl"
Travis Tritt doing Waylon Jennings' great "Lonesome, On'ry and Mean"
Lone Justice "Shelter"
Dwight Yoakam doing "Suspicious Minds"
Junior Brown's fabulous seven-minute long "Surf Medley" (I couldn't believe it, Junior Brown! Junior Brown is a true guitar god.)
Asleep at the Wheel w/Brooks & Dunn singing "Corrina, Corrina" (from their first marvelous tribute album to Bob Wills)
and the Mavericks "What A Crying Shame"


It sounded like a Saturday night at a great Southwestern roadhouse, wouldn't that be a great idea for a show? You could call it "Texas Roadhouse Saturday Night" and you could get really big ratings on the radio and then some guy from out West could move to town and take it off the air and then....

damn, this sounds soooooo familiar.

No comments: